The TRIBE Trail's second phase is definitely a go after committee members learned last week that the Wellmark Foundation has awarded the trail a $100,000 grant.
That means the TRIBE Trail Committee has enough money to go ahead with the bidding process for Phase II of the trail that will run from Logan Street to Linn Avenue and cost about $625,000 to build.
Committee member Megan Baltes said the committee had used the Wellmark grant in its preliminary calculations on how much money it had raised so "this is really big for us to have it secured and we're very appreciative of the Wellmark Foundation's belief in our project."
Along with grants from the Iowa Department of Transportation, the Black Hawk Gaming Association, the Chickasaw County Community Foundation and Wellmark, the committee has also received about $249,000 in private donations to help fund Phase II of the trail that will eventually connect trails in Mikkelson Park and the city's west-side Industrial Park.
Because the Iowa Department of Transportation's grant comes from its Transportation Alternative Program (TAP) that is funded by federal dollars, the committee must bid out Phase II of the project.
Baltes and fellow TRIBE Trail Committee member Rick Kramer expect to bid the project in June and work will begin sometime this August and be completed by the fall.
Phase I of the TRIBE Trail runs from Mikkelson Park through the Boy Scout Playground, down Fourth Avenue and through Garnant Park and was built in the fall of 2017.
Article courtesy of: Bob Fenske, firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Employment Opportunities for College Students
Leisuretime Golf Cars - Sales Representative. This position would require a person with an outgoing personality that is engaging. It would be a commission based part time position. Please contact Nick Noehl at Leisuretime 641-394-3944.
Linn Haven Rehab & Healthcare - Housekeeping, Laundry, Dietary Department and Certified Nursing Assistants. They will hire for summer help in all areas. Please apply at Linn Haven (530 S. Linn Ave).
New Hampton Transfer and Storage
- Warehouse and office position. Please apply at NH Transfer (1970 North Linn Ave) or email email@example.com
and they can email you an application.
NH Nursing & Rehab
- Part-time dietary aide. Must be 16 years of age. Email Lori Hanson (firstname.lastname@example.org
) for more information or stop in at the Nursing home for an application.NH Park and Rec
- Job applications available at their office. Various positions. Please fill out an application and drop it off at the Park and Rec office or call 641-394-5464.Milkhouse Candles
- Full-time production floor positions available. (Must be 18) Come work with an amazing team and go home smelling good everyday! Hours are Monday-Friday, 7-3. Please apply at: http://www.milkhousecandles.com/teamCroell, Inc.
- Dump Truck Drivers. Full time position. Requires a Class B CDL. This position is a traveling position, typically Monday thru Friday. To apply, please contact Jordan at 641-394-6789 or apply online at www.croell.com/careers/positionsFive Star Coop
- Part-time help this summer at the Hardware Store.
The positions available are Warehouse Assistant and Retail Associate. After school hours until 6:00 pm, and rotating Saturdays 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. More hours available during the summer.
Competitive wages; Candidates can apply in person at Five Star Cooperative Hardware, or online at https://www.fivestarcoop.com/Careers